Yes, the Stone Lake Monster is real!
Stone Lake Beach offers affordable kayak, paddle board, and paddle boat rentals for all to enjoy for only $5 per hour. This amenity makes outdoor recreation easy and accessible for those who may not own a kayak or don’t want to transport their own to the lake.
Stone Lake is located in downtown Cassopolis and had been an underutilized gem for decades. There was no public access except for the DNR boat launch, excluding everyone without a boat from enjoying all that Stone Lake has to offer. A desire for a community gathering place and lake access for all was identified in the Imagine Cass community visioning sessions. A plan was developed and put into action – transforming an abandoned road into Stone Lake Beach.
Stone Lake Beach was completed in 2021. It is open to the public year round, free for residents and visitors alike to enjoy.
- 230′ ADA accessible pier with fishing areas and rod holders, 4 transient boat slips, and an open end with ladders to jump into the lake
- Food truck row with designated electric hook up for up to three food trucks
- Fish shaped bike rack
- Amphitheatre for live performances
- Swing Tables
- Swing Benches
- Snack Shack
- Custom fabricated arches, creating a gateway into the community
- Free life jackets
- Lights that emit free Wi-Fi, play music, and have digital banners
- Affordable kayak, paddle board, and paddle boat rentals
- Easy access for ice fishing